||Why Choose Us?
We know you're probably shopping around, and we know the competition is fierce!
So we've put together a list of reasons why we feel The Web Space Outlet offers significant advantages over our competition. We will also try to address a couple of nagging questions like, "My ISP gives me free Web space, why would I need to buy from a dedicated web hosting company, like yours?" and "The prices of some web hosts seem too low to be true, are they?"
Customer Service & Tech Support with NO HYPE!
Customer Service and Tech Support should be the highest priority on your web host shopping list. Many companies claim to have a full staff of employees ready to answer your questions. What you soon find out is they have a few message takers who pass the buck to one or two overworked technical people. That is, if you even get somebody on the phone.
At WSO we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and tech support. Send us an e-mail and don't be surprised if you get an answer just a few minutes later. While we can't guarantee that kind of response time, it isn't uncommon. Pick up the phone and give us a call. Somebody who can actually answer your question will be there. If not, your calls are quickly returned. When was the last time your present host called you back?
We always recommend trying our e-mail support first. In many cases a technical person will be better reached this way.
Our motto at WSO is "No Hype". What is No Hype? It means we don't make claims we can't live up to, we don't offer services that are less than advertised, and we don't make silly claims like "unlimited disk space" (think about that for a few seconds and you'll realize how silly it is). Yet, there are web hosts out there making these claims. These are the same hosts whose only goal is to gain a large customer base and then be bought by a larger company, who ultimately raises prices or reduces features.
Sure, we don't doubt you can find a cheaper host out there, but you get what you pay for. This is true in almost any other buying situation and it is doubly true in the web hosting industry. If you want reliable hosting, with reasonable prices and great features, give us a try.
Internet Connectivity: OC-3, OC-12, and OC-48
Our lines are supplied by various providers including.. In house OC-3 connectivity out to local OC-12's and OC-48's cross-country. To understand how large this is consider that most local dial-up ISP's use several T1 lines for ALL their customers. Just one OC3 line has 84 times the bandwidth of a single T1!
Why not use my ISP?
Here's the question that usually generates a lot of interest. There are many reasons NOT to store your Web site with a ISP.
- Some ISP's won't let you use your free Web space for business purposes, if you get free Web space at all.
- An ISP has optimized their equipment for dial-up service, not serving Web pages. So while they may be on the cutting edge with their modem hardware, it is not likely that they are keeping up with the latest hardware and software dedicated to serving Web pages.
- What if you want to switch your ISP? You won't be able to take your established Web address with you (unless your ISP is hosting a virtual domain for you), thus alienating visitors who expect to find your site at a specific location.
- Many ISPs' free Web space is located under their domain name where they just stick a tilde "~" in front of your username and that becomes your Web address. Not very professional looking for a business.
- As mentioned above, many "local" ISP's use only T1 lines.
With every account comes access to the WSO SupportCenter where you receive personalized account support. An array of "Tech Support" articles as well as utilities to change your log rotation settings, edit your e-mail aliases, check your disk space usage, and view your account information. This is not generic "fill-in-the-blank" support, our tech support articles are dynamically generated so that examples are shown using YOUR account information.
We have exclusive utilities available like CounterMaker. Just fill out the easy form and automatically produce the HTML to create counters, clocks, and date displays for your web pages. Take a look at all the available styles we have. SecureView allows you to securely view the contents of any file in your web space, even if you don't own your own secure certificate! All this and more is available in the WSO SupportCenter, accessed with an assigned UserID and Password through any standard browser.
UNLIMITED Data Transfer (Hits)
This is a subject that often slips past shoppers as an important point.
Most web hosting providers, including ISP's, limit the amount of data transfer that can occur through your Web site and charge you extra if you exceed that limit. While the amount they limit you to may seem like plenty, it may not be -- if not now, then in the future.
- Your site could become very popular and end up costing you hundreds of extra dollars in excess transfer fees! Then what do you do? Move? Well, that's not always so easy, as we mentioned two topics above.
- As technology advances, faster connections send and receive data more quickly than ever. This means, as time goes on, your transfer limit starts to look smaller and smaller.
- There is a new breed of Web browsers out there, they automatically download your whole site as a Web surfer stops to read a downloaded page. While this speeds up the browsing experience, it costs you money!
- All those search engines you plan on submitting your site to have to download your site to index it and they usually come around every week or so to do it again. Yes, more data being moved through your Web space! It adds up quickly.
- It isn't well known, nor do other companies want you to know, but the amount of data that moves through your account is calculated by the size of the file accessed by the browser. If the Web surfer stops the transfer in the middle of say a large picture, you still get charged as if they downloaded the whole picture!
Don't under estimate the value of having unlimited data transfer.
FREE Secure Server Use!
All WSO account types can use one of our "www.securepage.com" shared secure servers. You can use this for e-commerce or any other application that requires secure communications between server and browser.
We use secure certificates that are completely compatible with all major web browsers. Virtual Domain and Commerce Plus customers can purchase their own certificate if they do not wish to use our shared secure server.
Lots of Available Server Software!
We keep up with the latest upgrades and enhancements for the most popular server-based Internet software available including, Apache, PHP, Perl, mySQL, Miva Script, Miva Merchant, PGP, cgiwrap, Analog, WWW Counter, and lots more. Don't settle for out-of-date software!